After my car accident, should I visit an auto injury clinic, or go straight to the Emergency Room?
Multiple patients have admitted that after their car accident they were wondering whether they should immediately head for the ER, or perhaps swing by our clinic first. There is no single answer; it all depends on the severity of the situation. People with life-threatening injuries should seek medical help at the emergency room right away. ERs provide a whole range of emergency services and are open 24/7. If the condition of the injured person isn’t that severe, then we would definitely recommend getting care at an auto injury clinic in Pembroke Pines. There are a couple of reasons why:
- The waiting time. If you wind up at the emergency room and it turns out that your condition isn’t that bad after all, you better bring a good book with you; you will be waiting a long time before getting any treatment. At our auto injury clinic, though, we will take care of you much faster.
- Your wallet. Hospital bills are much higher than those from auto injury clinics. If you want the only shock you go through to be caused by the accident itself, not the medical bill, then don’t hesitate to visit our auto injury clinic in Pembroke Pines, Aventura, or Hollywood.
What steps should I take if I have been in a car accident?
Most often after an auto accident, people are confused and shocked. Nevertheless, even though things are chaotic and unclear, you should collect yourself and strive to think straight. It might be challenging, but you need to stay largely unaffected by nerves and stress. In the event you’re in a car accident, bear in mind these few pieces of advice:
- Don’t panic, keep your mind clear.
- Assess your health the best you can. Make sure you’re not bleeding and don’t have any severe pain. It may be hard for you to find any minor injuries because of the great amounts of adrenaline that have been pumped into your bloodstream; nonetheless, injuries like fractures or deep cuts should be easy to detect.
- Call the police.
- Take pictures of the accident scene.
- Call your insurance company.
- Visit your doctor.
The last step is often skipped. Nevertheless, it’s wise not to put off seeing your physician. Firstly, people tend to assume that they are safe and sound when there are no visible signs of injury. Wrong! Auto accident victims are at risk of having internal bruising, whiplash, trauma, and joint injuries. At our auto injury clinics in Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, and Aventura, we always recommend scheduling an appointment to make sure you’re in full working order.
Why do patients need to see a doctor after a car collision?
It is not obligatory; however, as mentioned above, it is a good move for anyone involved in a car accident to visit a physician. Certain symptoms may not show up immediately, but if they are untreated, they may result in further complications. Another important thing to keep in mind is related to insurance purposes. If you postpone seeking medical treatment after the collision, the insurance company may suspect that your injury wasn’t really a result of the accident.
What are the most common auto injuries?
At our auto clinics in Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, and Aventura, we most often deal with the following post-auto accident injuries:
- fractured bones
- shoulder pain
- lower back pain
- neck sprains
- arm and leg injuries
- scrapes and cuts
Will I need surgery?
To determine whether or not you need surgery, an initial evaluation is performed. If it turns out that surgery is necessary, we will refer you to an appropriate health provider.
Visit one of our 3 practices today!
If you’re experiencing pain after a car accident and are browsing the Internet searching for the best auto injury clinic in South Florida, the good news is that you don’t have to look any further!
Our auto accident doctor will provide you with a personalized treatment suitable for you. We can assure you that our well-trained medical staff is ready to give you the care that you need and deserve. Apart from our Hollywood location, you can also schedule an appointment at our auto injury clinic in Pembroke Pines or Aventura. Use the contact form or give us a call to schedule your appointment!
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PROVIDING OF MEDICAL ADVICE, and is not intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your health.